DIFFERENCES BETWEEN THE SPACE-O-CALC AND POWER CONSOLE
There are some differences between the calculatro and Power Console.
As time goes on, there will be differences between the trial version and the downloads, mostly now in the form of upgrades. The trial versions are only meant as approximates for you to get the idea of how things work. Also, whatever you are dealing with. if there is introductory or "About"material, read it unless you think you can read my mind (in which case you'd have a far better undwrstanding of it than I do).
- the calculator, with specific exceptions to call attention to its status as a fantasy calculator, is a mathematics tool. The Console is more general purpose with many more functions.
- The calculator has, in line with the rules that specify a 1 key to 1 function relation ship and all the keys are on the face save for the summation functions that simulate multiple memories, all the keyboards on the face of the instrument. The Console is multilayered
- In keeping with the functionality of calculators. There is a manual that is both necessary to use and very rubust. In the physical item, the manual often listed tables in teh appendices. This manual does the same in cyber terms (which unfortunately means things that do calculations rather than present an actual table) AND WHICH YOU MUST READ FIRST TO GET THE IDEA OF HOW THE MACHINE WORKS. the Console does not have these things. It is generally presumed that if you are going to use the Math & Science console that you know what you want to do with it.
- The Console is designed as a "homepage" for FireFox and there are instructions about how to set that up as well as make a desktop link. The calculator has no specific place of reference
- The Console Math & Science Console contains several calculators and pretty much all the functions of the calculator but they are assigned to su-consoles: Console, Geometric, trig, etc. and some others. In fact the Console has more powere than the Calculator but it is more distributed to specialized areas.